Sunday, October 12, 2008

House

I was listening to my usual breakfast show as i was driving to office last week, and the topic that was being discussed was this: If you could be in a tv show that best describes you or your personality, which would it be and why?

I use to play these types of psychological games at college with questions such as identify three animals that you like most and why; answering the question somehow gives one a perspective of the self that one would not be aware of.
So, now older and a litte wiser I embark upon answering the question which tv program would i like to be in? Well the fact is i dont get to watch much tv thanks in part to Ra'isah and her playhouse disney, and also because honesty i just am not into tv series as i hate being tied to any non-human such as a tv show that i would end up wanting to keep track of week after week irrespective of my other commitments -- been there, done that.

All the same, i do have a favourite character on TV that i somehow am hooked on, Gregory House (Hisham gets the series for me on line so technically i am watching it on tv :)). Perhaps its his bluer than blue eyes or tall lanky stature, or that choy smile he pulls when something unexpected crosses his path, or that quip tongue of his that always has something or other to say about something or other; i don't know exactly but i will say this, i love that he is so good at what he does that it does not matter what people think of him or the way he carries himself. He does not need to justify himself to the world and yet has an important function in it. I don't see myself in the character in anyway but i do have a strong need to want that sense of purpose in life - being so good at what you do that it appears as if you are almost born to do just that. My search continues.

2 comments:

Robin Wong said...

"i do have a strong need to want that sense of purpose in life - being so good at what you do that it appears as if you are almost born to do just that."
I like this saying by you. As for me, I have been wanting to be a teacher since I was young (sense of purpose in life). However, I discovered that I was lacking of that quality of a great teacher. After I take this course - B.ED TESL, I find out that I am picking up those qualities of a good teacher along the way. And I want to be "so good at what I do that it appears as if I am almost born to do just that."

RaihanahMM said...

Hi Robin. Glad teaching is the thing for you and i hope you find fulfilment in it for years to come. Its funny cos i never thought i'd be a teacher. Even when i took the B Ed TESL course i never once considered myself as the teacher material. Somedays now, i still think the same. i know i love working with the youth but not necessarily as a teacher. But ironically my brother was the one who told me when i came home from semester break one time, that he always thought i'd go down this path even when we were younger.