Thursday, September 11, 2008

Being blessed - my silver lining

You know you are blessed when family, friends, colleagues and students keep you in their thoughts in your hours of need. Since the news of my miscarriage got out, I have had nothing but encouragement and support, kind and thoughtful words, words of wisdom and most of all gestures of love from so many individuals. A colleague of mine said to me today, she's disappointed on hearing the news because she thought she would soon be an aunt to my baby; I love that a total stranger, who works with me and has only gotten to know me these last few months since working with me on a project, has taken me to her heart enough to think of me in this manner. I also love that students to whom i was a total stranger 10 weeks ago, hold me in their minds and hearts and take the trouble to leave me messages of hope and recovery. I love that a former student who is now a dear friend would take the trouble to get me the right herbs to eat and drink these 30 days in order for my body to recover what it had lost. I love that despite my lost and my sadness, I feel and can see the blessings around me. We should all be so blessed. God is great!

3 comments:

Robin Wong said...

We are made passionate and empathetic towards each other. that's why, even we are total strangers, we would be so caring and empathetic especially when we see the others are facing obstacles. The time we know each other is not a primary aspect here. At times, people tend to see it as being busybody. Fortunately, it's not our case here.

Walt said...

Finally, I may leave my comment after signing up with google. Well, Dr, I cant agree no more with Robin. Miraculously, smtimes, u wd find peace in a total stranger. Maybe because You and I have expected something better from the one who is already a dear to you. So, when an outsider, who has nothing to do with ur life 'gives' u smthing, ur heart wd exclaim, WOW... And that is the wonder of life.. Am hapi that u r 'BACK!!!'

apprehension said...

I'm indeed grateful that our existence in ur life is a blessing and dear,dear Dr, ur presence in my life is a God-given gift :)

Selamat Hari Raya Dr :)