Thursday, April 17, 2008

Religion and Spirituality: Which to Choose?

What is religion and what is spirituality? Does one choose one over the other? The way i define the two is as such: Religion is a structured sense of living based on the fundamentals of a faith that has a name, a source book and a way of worship, and religion is also the belief in the Creator who reveals Its presence to us through our worship of It in our daily live. (Worship of the Creator connotates living a life in accordance to the teachings of the faith, and not simply bowing down a million times a day to an image of the Creator) Spirituality, on the other hand, is about living the life in a state of awareness of the Creator’s presence, it focus in on the presence of our spirit, and not just our form. Is there any connection between religion and spirituality?
The two concepts, for me is two sides of a single coin. I cannot name the 'coin' but i do know that the 'coin' is my currency to good and satisfactory living. I need both the fundamentals of the faith and the ability to be aware of my spirit in the presence of the Creator to have a good and satisfactory life.

3 comments:

gemukPUNrock said...

hello, this is my blog. pls don't laugh at my nick. go here for the you tube u asked for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7MuNR96Jd8

Hazidi said...

When Raisah gets old enough to understand what a blog is, I wondwer what she'll make of this blog, if itws still around. Would be kinda embarassing, i guess.

Redhuan D. Oon said...

Sprituality is the coin. Ritual is a broken coin.

:)